Serious Chocolate takes pride and care when shipping your order. Some of our products are made-to-order and may take up to three business days prior to shipping.
We ship with USPS and UPS to all destinations in the United States. Some of our products are made fresh-to-order, and your purchase will ship from our facility within two to three business days. Shipping charges are calculated based on weight and zip code from our facility in Bohemia.
- Expedited Shipping: Next Day and 2nd Day deliveries are made on weekdays only, excluding holidays. UPS does not count weekends or holidays as shipping days. For example, orders shipped on Friday with Next Day service will be delivered on Monday.
- May 1 thru Oct 31: Chocolates will be packed with cold packs for temperature control when temperatures are forecast to be higher than 68 degrees. An additional cost of $5.00 will be added to your order during this time and shipping charges may be slightly higher due to added weight. West Coast orders are shipped only on Mondays & Tuesdays to ensure that chocolate doesn't sit in the warehouse over the weekend.
- Local Pick Up & Delivery: Orders placed online may be delivered within the areas of Sayville, Oakdale, and Bohemia at no charge ($25. minimum order). Pick up arrangements can also be made by calling 631-255-0434. Deliveries beyond the local area will be quoted as required.
- Delays: We cannot be responsible for delays caused by USPS or UPS due to circumstances beyond our control, including weather, mechanical error, or delays caused by customers who provide incomplete or incorrect address information. We are not able to offer refunds as a result of the above.
- Accuracy is important! We want to make sure that we are able to accurately process your order. The details of your name, billing address, shipping address, and method of payment are critical. We cannot be responsible for errors in information that is provided to us. Costs resulting from such errors will be charged to you.
Packages are shipped with a signature release, meaning that the package will be delivered to your door without a signature. If you are sending a gift to a warm location, please tell your recipient when to expect the delivery so their chocolate doesn’t melt on their doorstep.